The Centre’s mission is to generate conditions for expansion of intersectoral (first of all international) cooperation to promote sustainable development of northern regions. The Centre acts as a mediator and a platform for interactions and cooperation of stakeholders representing similar or different areas of public life. The Centre helps the stakeholders build their capacity and unfold their potential by applying their efforts to the spheres they now deal with little, if at all.
Activities of the Centre help raise the level of the scientific and
The overall objective of the
Aims of the
- establishment of components of the infrastructure for organizational support, methodological maintenance and technical assistance to stakeholders of international cooperation on studies of the North and the Arctic;
- promotion of common Northern intellectual space: building of knowledge, development of methods for its accumulation and dissemination;
- integration of the efforts of scientific communities of Nordic countries and NW Russia to facilitate active utilization of resources of the Arctic and the North for sustainable development;
- establishment of the environment for constructive interactions of different sectors in specific projects;
- development of new models for international intersectoral network interactions; adaptation to and application under Russian conditions of European methodology and best practices;
- development of dialogue, mutual penetration of cultures, mutual development of competencies;
- promotion of cultural traditions needed for transition of northern territories to the sustainable development mode.